Premiere Pro produces an error message similar to one of the following:
- "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime error program Adobe Premiere Pro.exe. This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."
- "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error! The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
- See Adobe Technical Support Document kb402307 C++ Runtime Error
- Microsoft article 884538 discusses this error.
- Orlando Rodriguez said:
I had the same problem. I noticed it would happen everytime it tried to load the Canopus RealTimeDV.prm . I reinstalled the Canopus programs and it works fine.
- Mitch411 said:
Use msconfig (start > run > msconfig) to turn off Startup items and non-microsoft services and reboot before trying to install. I'm guessing that you have a CD or DVD burning software that uses DLA (drive letter access) for direct to disk burning. Something about the installer that really hates DLA.
- Chris Bugeja said:
1. Goto Control Panel
2. Goto Regional and Language settings
3. Set the "Standards and Formats" to "English (United Kingdom)"
- Knowr said:
I had this problem with Pro 1.5. Could not even get the program to run. Turned out it was caused by a bit of spyware called Relevant Knowledge. Removed the spyware with SuperAntiSpyware, and it fixed the problem.