Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Mitch411 said:
If it's freezing at CompilerVFW.prm, it's a codec problem. You'll need to remove or disable incompatible video codecs (sometimes audio codecs will cause this as well).
To disable video codecs or test for incompatible codecs:
1. Choose Start > Run.
2. Type regedit in the Open text box, and then click OK to start the Windows Registry Editor.
3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
4. Select the codec that you wish to disable by double-clicking the entry to open the Edit String dialog box (video codecs begin with the listing "vidc.".)
5. Add a semi-colon ( ; ) to the beginning of the Value data field to disable the entry.
6. Select OK to close the Edit String window.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 until you have disabled all incompatible or test codecs.
The trick here is that you must leave at least one codec enabled. Otherwise Premiere won't launch. Choose a known good codec for this. Cinepak (vidc.cvid) is usually a good choice. You don't need to reboot to get this to work. These keys are dynamic and once the codec is disabled here the system can't find it and Premiere won't try to load it.
After you've disabled any suspicious codecs, try to launch Premiere Pro. If it loads, you've solved the problem. Now use the process of elimination to re-enable codecs until you find the one that's causing the trouble. You can then remove, unregister, uninstall, or outright delete that codec.
Post back here and tell everyone which codec was casuing the trouble so that the next person can just look for and pull that file.
- Constantinus wrote:
I had the same problem - Premiere Pro would stop starting at CompilerVfw.prm. In the Start menu, I went to the “Ace Mega Codecs Pack” group, started “Ace Mega Codecs Pack Dashboard”, went to the “Active Codecs/Filters” tab, to the “Core” branch (they are in alphabetical order), and unchecked “CoreFlac Audio Codec 0.1.0.0”, then clicked on the “Apply ALL Current Settings” button at the bottom. It takes a few moments until it finishes applying the settings (it says “please wait” on the button you just pressed), then you can close the “Ace Mega Codecs Pack Dashboard” and start Premiere - it worked for me.
- Vlad Muia wrote:
What constantinus saied worked perfectly for me! Thank you
It works! Thank you very much!
-I disabled ffd.dll and it works perfectly now.Thank you verry much
Bruce: Same here, disabled ffdshow.ax and works fine now.Thank you!